Senior Software Engineer (AWS)
Qintel is on a mission to track and stop threat actors in their tracks. Founded by ex-government cybercrime professionals, Qintel's platform delivers high impact curated threat intelligence using investigative techniques unseen outside of government entities. With many of the Fortune 100 using our products, Qintel is driving intelligence to new levels, bringing threat actors and information about those threat actors from the deep and dark web into the hands of cybersecurity investigators and incident responders.
Qintel is looking for a senior software engineer to join our growing software development team. Working on backend infrastructure that will be both internal and client facing, you will be building tools to help fight the ever-growing problem of cyber-crime and helping to make a difference in the world!
What You'll Do
- Work closely with other members of our engineering team to analyze problems, come up with creative solutions, and help manage Qintel's ever growing infrastructure footprint.
- Build out horizontally scalable, highly available architectures for five 9's uptime.
- Be able to clearly and effectively document areas of primary responsibility
What You'll Need
- 4-6 years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years Python / git experience
- 3 years' experience in AWS environment (Lambda, ECS, API Gateway, Cloudformation, ALBs, VPCs, Route53, etc.)
- Experience with DynamoDB, MySQL, Postgres, ElasticSearch, or other related datastores
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proficient in English, both written and spoken
- A passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic, constantly changing environment and building great customer experiences
- Must take initiative and be a go getter!
Nice To Haves
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in software engineering related field.
- Contributed to open-source projects (demonstrated ability)
- Experience with Golang / C
- 1-2 years of operations and or devops experience
- Experience with Azure, or other cloud related experience
- 100% paid health benefits
- Comprehensive 401K program with automatic 5% contribution by company (no contribution from employee required)
- Flexible work environment
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive compensation
- Remote available for highly qualified candidates (quarterly visits to Pittsburgh headquarters required)
Our work environment is exciting, dynamic and fast paced! Qintel regards itself as a family, and everybody plays a part in our success. In addition, we are a fast-growing business with exposure to some of the country's top companies, and we provide many opportunities for motivated and passionate employees to advance their careers in the cybersecurity space.