Senior Threat Researcher
Qintel is on a mission to track and stop threat actors in their tracks. Founded by ex-government cybercrime professionals, Qintel's platform delivers high impact curated threat intelligence using investigative techniques unseen outside of government entities. With many of the Fortune 100 using our products, Qintel is driving intelligence to new levels, bringing threat actors and information about those threat actors from the deep and dark web into the hands of cybersecurity investigators and incident responders.
This person is responsible for conducting advanced research on cyber threats. You will be responsible for responding to client requirements and producing written deliverables in a timely fashion.
You will help identify and support team goals that align with the company's mission, contribute to the evolution of the company's research and analysis capabilities, become a subject matter expert in one or more cyber threat areas and further the team's data collection efforts.
What You'll Do
- Collect information from both open and closed sources including nefarious online communities
- Conduct advanced research and analysis of cyber threats to assess the quality and credibility of actors/groups, toolsets, and underground services
- Report on information that responds to established intelligence requirements in support of Qintel and its clients
- Utilize advanced tactics and analytic processes to complete cyber investigations
- Identify current and emerging criminal, terrorist, and adversary nation-state threats and trends including technical information as well as geopolitical and transnational events/issues that may aid an assessment
- Collaborate on analytical reports and threat estimates related to cyber adversaries, related activities, and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Mentor other threat researchers to increase shared knowledge across the team and organization
- Communicate research results to both internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Be a subject matter expert in areas of interest that support Qintel and its clients
What You'll Need
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in cyber intelligence
- Motivated self-starter with experience in a wide variety of underground environments, to include hidden sites/forums, etc.
- Have 2 of following 3 skills: Additional language capability in addition to English, intermediate or higher-level technical discipline, or previous work experience as an analyst
- Experience in writing formal reports
- Understanding of technical terminology, tools, and tactics employed by threat actors
- Comprehensive, practical knowledge of research/collection/operational security tradecraft and analytical methods
Nice To Haves
- Proficiency in specific foreign languages (Persian, Russian, Mandarin, Turkish)
- Programming or data analysis background
- Prior background in cyber intelligence with law enforcement or the military
What We Offer
- 100% paid health benefits
- Comprehensive 401K program with automatic 5% contribution by company (no contribution from employee required)
- Flexible work environment
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive compensation
- Remote available for highly qualified candidates (quarterly visits to Pittsburgh headquarters required)
Our work environment is exciting, dynamic and fast paced! Qintel regards itself as a family, and everybody plays a part in our success. In addition, we are a fast-growing business with exposure to some of the country's top companies, and we provide many opportunities for motivated and passionate employees to advance their careers in the cybersecurity space.