Senior Data Scientist
Qintel is on a mission to track and stop threat actors in their tracks. Founded by ex-government cybercrime professionals, Qintel’s platform delivers high impact curated threat intelligence using investigative techniques unseen outside of government entities. With many of the Fortune 100 using our products, Qintel is driving intelligence to new levels, bringing threat actors and information about those threat actors from the deep and dark web into the hands of cybersecurity investigators and incident responders.
Qintel is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our growing engineering team. Working with the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to apply your coding, mathematical, and research abilities at a bleeding edge, threat intelligence company.
What You'll Do
- Build models that can discover trends and make connections across threat intelligence data.
- Use natural language processing to mine topics from articles on threat intelligence.
- Develop recommendation systems.
- Understand user behavior in our products and consider how that impacts model development and tuning. Measure the effectiveness of models using product analytics.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on developing long term plans for applying data science to solve problems in threat intelligence.
- Evangelize the use of data science and measurement to enhance products.
- Coordinate data science project work across teams of engineers, threat intelligence analysts, and researchers.
- Work closely with engineering to develop data architectures that can support the operationalization of models.
- Mentor other data scientists as we build out the team.
What You'll Need
- A master’s degree or 6+ years of experience.
- Experience with recommendation systems and/or graph analytics and graph machine learning.
- Experience with NLP. spaCy is preferred.
- Experience with the Python, R, or Julia programming languages. Note that coding will generally be done in Python.
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices around version control and testing.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with data visualization.
Nice To Haves
- Knowledge of threat intelligence.
- Experience with product data science.
- ETL/ELT; data engineering.
- Experience with AWS, or other cloud related experience.
- Experience with Python
What We Offer
- 100% paid health benefits
- Comprehensive 401K program with automatic 5% contribution by company (no contribution from employee required)
- Flexible work environment
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave + adoption
- Competitive compensation
- Remote available for highly qualified candidates (quarterly visits to Pittsburgh headquarters required)
Our work environment is exciting, dynamic and fast paced! Qintel regards itself as a family, and everybody plays a part in our success. In addition, we are a fast-growing business with exposure to some of the country's top companies, and we provide many opportunities for motivated and passionate employees to advance their careers in the cybersecurity space.