Data Visualization Engineer
Qintel is on a mission to track and stop threat actors in their tracks. Founded by ex-government cybercrime professionals, Qintel’s platform delivers high impact curated threat intelligence using investigative techniques unseen outside of government entities. With many of the Fortune 100 using our products, Qintel is driving intelligence to new levels, bringing threat actors and information about those threat actors from the deep and dark web into the hands of cybersecurity investigators and incident responders.
Qintel is looking for a Data Visualization Engineer to take exceptionally complex data and turn it into something everyone can understand through the use of data visualization tools. Working closely with the Engineering and Product teams to translate data, making it more useful for others.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for taking complex information from a vast data lake and creating appealing, interactive data visualizations in Qintel products.
- Work with teams of researchers, data analysts, other UI/UX designers, and engineers to create professional-quality data applications. Your primary deliverables will be prototypes and other design assets.
- Work with senior leadership to create effective and insightful reporting visualizations, which will play a major role in key decision-making and process improvements.
- Help develop and design team assets and best practices.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with visualization tools for building analytics dashboards and other reporting (Tableau, Power BI).
- Minimum 3 years of UI/UX design experience for software web applications, B2B SaaS/Enterprise preferred, focusing on data visualization.
- Technical expertise with data mining and query authoring (SQL, NoSQL, Elastic)
- Experience in research, usability testing, product analytics, and turning the output into data that can drive product design decisions.
- Accomplished in crafting clean, intuitive and innovative interfaces
Nice To Haves
- Knowledge of AWS (AWS RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Quicksight).
- A passion for data-driven storytelling.
- Strong background in gathering requirements for data insights.
- Previous experience in the cybersecurity industry is plus.
- Located in Pittsburgh or willing to relocate to Pittsburgh.
What We Offer
- 100% paid health benefits
- Comprehensive 401K program with automatic 5% contribution by company (no contribution from employee required)
- Flexible work environment
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave + adoption
- Competitive compensation
- Remote available for highly qualified candidates (quarterly visits to Pittsburgh headquarters required)
Our work environment is exciting, dynamic and fast paced! Qintel regards itself as a family, and everybody plays a part in our success. In addition, we are a fast-growing business with exposure to some of the country's top companies, and we provide many opportunities for motivated and passionate employees to advance their careers in the cybersecurity space.